- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Bovine MAP2 isolated from brain by the GTP microtubule cycling method.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, WB
- SPECIFICITY: Specific for the ~ 280k MAP2 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 280
- PURIFICATION: Total IgY fraction
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Microtubule Associate Protein 2 antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP2
- Protein Accession Number: P11137
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 215274255
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4133
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Microtubules are 25nm diameter protein rods found in most kinds of eukaryotic cells. They are polymerized from a dimeric subunit made of one a subunit and one b tubulin subunit. Microtubules are associated with a family of proteins called microtubule associated proteins (MAPs), which includes the protein τ and a group of proteins referred to as MAP1, MAP2, MAP3, MAP4 and MAP5 (Kindler & Gardner 1994). MAP2 is made up of two ~280 kDa apparent molecular weight bands referred to as MAP2a and MAP2b. A third lower molecular weight form, usually called MAP2c, corresponds to a pair of protein bands running at ~70 kDa on SDS-PAGE gels. All these MAP2 forms are derived from a single gene by alternate transcription, and all share a C-terminal sequence which includes either three or four microtubule binding peptide sequences, which are very similar to those found in the related microtubule binding protein τ. MAP2 isoforms are expressed only in neuronal cells and specifically in the perikarya and dendrites of these cells. MAP2 has been recently shown to be the specific receptor for the neurosteroid pregnenolone (Fontaine-Lenore V. et al., 2006).
- 1: Kindler S, Gardner CC (1994) Four repeat MAP2 isoforms in human and rat brain. Brain ResMol Brain Res. 26(1-2):218-224.
- 2: Fontaine-Lenore V, Chambraud B, Fellous A, David S, Duchossoy Y, Baulieu EE, Robel P(2006) Microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2) is a neurosteroid. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA103(12):4711-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-252
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin