- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MIB1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human MIB1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 920 - 970 of MIB1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MIB1 antibody can be used for detection of MIB1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunocytochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: MIB1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of MIB1 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-002 - A-431 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 89, 102, 111 kDa
Observed: 103 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MIB1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MIB1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MIB1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MIB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MIB1 Antibody: MIB, DIP1, ZZZ6, DIP-1, LVNC7, ZZANK2, KIAA1323, E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase MIB1, DAPK-interacting protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065825
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 30348954
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57534
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase MIB1, also known as Mindbomb homolog 1, contains multiple ankyrin repeats and RING finger domains that functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase (1). MIB1 interacts with and regulates the cellular expression of the death-associated protein kinase 1 (DAPK1) protein by promoting its ubiquitination and degradation (1). It also positively regulates Notch signaling by ubiquitinating the Notch receptors, thereby facilitating their endocytosis (2).
- 1: Jin Y, Blue EK, Dixon S, et al. A death-associated protein kinase (DAPK)-interacting protein, DIP-1, is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that promotes tumor necrosis factor-induced apoptosis and regulates the cellular level of DAPK. J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:46980-6.
- 2: Hansson EM, Lanner F, Das D, et al. Control of Notch0ligand endocytosis by ligand-receptor interaction. J. Cell Sci. 2010; 123:2931-42.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7781
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin