- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MFSD2A antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human MFSD2A.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of MFSD2A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MFSD2A antibody can be used for detection of MFSD2A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human, mouse, and rat samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: MFSD2A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MFSD2A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MFSD2A antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: mfsd2aa
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MFSD2A Antibody: mfsd2a, zgc:101615, mfsd2a, Major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein 2A-A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001129965
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55925395
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 492810
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MFSD2A Antibody: Multidrug transporters, such as MFSD2A, are membrane proteins that expel a wide spectrum of cytotoxic compounds from the cell and render cells resistant to multiple drugs. Major Facilitator Superfamily (MFS) members are capable of transporting various substrates such as sugars, polyols, drugs, neurotransmitters, amino acids, peptides, and inorganic anions, although most members are substrate-specific. MFSD2A is a novel lung cancer tumor suppressor gene that regulates cell cycle progression and matrix attachment and has recently been described as the human receptor for syncytin-2, a retrovirus-derived protein mediating fusion of placental trophoblasts. MFSD2A is expressed in many tissues and is highly induced in liver and brown adipose tissue (BAT) during fasting. The activation of the betaAR signaling pathway plays a major role in the induction of MFSD2A expression during adaptive thermogenesis.
- 1: Fluman N and Bibi E. Bacterial multidrug transport through the lens of the major facilitator superfamily. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2009; 1794:738-47.
- 2: Law CJ, Maloney PC, and Wang DN. Ins and outs of major facilitator superfamily antiporters. Annu. Rev. Microbiol.2008; 62:289-305.
- 3: Spinola M, Falvella FS, Colombo F, et al. MFSD2A is a novel lung tumor suppressor gene modulating cell cycle and matrix attachment. Mol. Cancer2010;9:62.
- 4: Angers M, Uldry M, Kong D, et al. Mfsd2a encodes a novel major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein highly induced in brown adipose tissue during fasting and adaptive thermogenesis. Biochem. J.2008; 416:347-55.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6025
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin