- SPECIES: SARS MERS Spike protein
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Recombinant SARS MERS Spike S1 is a peptide from amino acids 56-295 of spike protein S1 produced in E. coli and fused to a 6xHis tag at its C-terminus (UniProt accession #AHC74088).SARS MERS is purified by a proprietary chromatographic technique.
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- PURITY: >95% pure as determined by 12% PAGE (coomassie staining).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: SARS MERS protein solution is supplied in PBS, 25mM arginine and 0.05% sodium azide.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -20°C; For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- Since April 2012, cases of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) have been identified in the following countries: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Yemen, Lebanon, Iran, Algeria, the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Tunisia, Egypt, Malaysia, Turkey and the United States of America. Coronaviruses are the cause of the common cold, SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) and other severe illnesses with high mortality rates, all are classified into coronavirus family. MERS-CoV is a new type of SARS found in the coronavirus family causing severe pneumonia with sudden and serious respiratory illness with high mortality rates as well. Since January 27th 2015, the WHO has reported 956 human cases, including 351 deaths. More cases of the new coronavirus strain are expected. Like in other coronaviruses, large surface spike glycoprotein is a central structural protein of this virus; it is located above the virion surface to bind and enter into the target cell. Spike protein has 2 domains- S1 and S2. The S1 domain is responsible for cellular tropism and interaction with target cell, while the S2 domain is responsible for membrane fusion. The C-terminal of S1 domain contains a receptor binding domain, and is also a potential target for vaccine development and an antigen for diagnosis.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 39-102
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $400.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin