- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Melanocyte antigen was used as the immunogen for the Melanoma antibody PNL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Melanoma antibody PNL2 should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Anti-PNL2 is a novel monoclonal antibody, which has recently been introduced as an immunohistochemical reagent to stain melanocytes and tumors derived therefrom. The antigen recognized by PNL2 is different from Melan A and gp100. Its epitope is not destroyed by digestion with neuraminidase i.e. its epitope id not glycosylated. Anti-PNL2 may be most useful because of its high sensitivity for metastatic melanoma (87%), as opposed to 76% for anti-HMB45 and 82% for anti-MART-1. Anti-PNL2 labels intra-epidermal nevi while the dermal component of compound nevi are largely non-reactive with anti-PNL2. Antibodies against PNL2, MART-1 (Melan A) and HMB45 stain most clear cell sarcoma cells and a few cells in angio-myolipomas and lymphangioleiomyomatosis. Anti-PNL2 is a useful antibody for the identification of melanomas and clear cell sarcomas. Differential diagnosis is aided by the results from a panel of antibodies, including antibodies against HMB45, MART-1, tyrosinase, and MiTF.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-528
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.