- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MEK 1 (Thr292) polyclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids residues surrounding the phospho Thr292 of human MEK 1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Applications include Dot Blots (DB) and Western Blots (WB). Suitability for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) has not yet been determined. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for DB and WB.
- SPECIFICITY: MEK1 antibody is specific for the 45k MEK 1 phosphorylated at Thr292.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage –80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at –20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP2K1
- Protein Accession Number: Q02750
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 400274
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5604
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MEK 1 (MAP Kinase Kinase, also known as MKK) is an integral component of the MAP kinase cascade that regulates cell growth and differentiation and this pathway also plays a key role in synaptic plasticity in brain. Activated MEK 1 acts as a dual specificity kinase phosphorylating both a threonine and a tyrosine residue on MAP kinase. Conversely there also appears to be a feedback phosphorylation of MEK 1 by MAP kinase. The sites on MEK 1 that are phosphorylated by MAP kinase are Thr292 and Thr386.
- 1: Park, S.H., Zarrinpar, A. and Lim, W.A., "Rewiring MAP kinase pathways using alternative scaffold assembly mechanisms," Science 299 (2003) 1061 - 1064.
- 2: Adams, J.P. and Sweatt, J.D., "Molecular psychology: Roles for the ERK MAP kinase cascade in memory," Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 42 (2002) 135 - 163.
- 3: Mansour, S.J., Resing, K.A., Candi, J.M., Hermann, A.S., Gloor, J.W., Herskind, K.R., Wartmann, M., Davis, R.J., and Ahn, N.G., "Mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase phosphorylation of MAP kinase kinase: determination of phosphorylation sites by mass spectrometry and site-directed mutagenesis." J. Biochem. (Tokyo) 116 (1994) 304-14.
- 4: Ahn, N.G., "The MAP kinase cascade. Discovery of a new signal transduction pathway," Mol. Cell Biochem. 127 - 128 (1993) 201 - 209.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-1016
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.