- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Frog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MEK 1/2 (Ser218/222) polyclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids residues surrounding the phosphoSer218/222 of human MEK 1/2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody immunolabels the ~45k MEK protein in a Western blot of serum-stimulated NIH 3T3 cells. The immunolabeling is blocked by the phosphopeptide used as antigen but not the corresponding non-phosphopeptide. Applications include Dot Blots (DB) and Western Blots (WB). Suitability for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) has not yet been determined. Human, mouse, rat and Xenopus have 100% amino acid sequence identity with the antigen used to raise the antibody. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for DB and WB.
- SPECIFICITY: MEK1/2 antibody is specific for MEK 1/2 phosphorylated at Ser218/222.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 45
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage –80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at –20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP2K1
- Protein Accession Number: Q02750
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 400274
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5604
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MEK 1 and MEK 2 are integral components of the MAP kinase cascade that regulates cell growth and differentiation and this pathway also plays a key role in synaptic plasticity in brain. Activation of MEK 1/2 occurs via phosphorylation of two serine residues (Ser218 and Ser222). Activated MEK 1/2 then acts as a dual specificity kinase phosphorylating both a threonine and a tyrosine residue on ERK. This phosphorylation of ERK by MEK 1/2 is a critical step in the MAP kinase cascade.
- 1: N.G. Ahn, N.G., Robbins, D.G., Haycock, J.W., Seger, R., Cobb, M.H. and Krebs, E.G., "Identification of an activator of the microtubule-associated protein 2 kinases ERK1 and ERK2 in PC12 cells stimulated with nerve growth factor or bradykinin," J. Neurochem. 59 (1992) 147 - 156.
- 2: Crews, C.M., Alessandrini, A. and Erikson, R.L., "The primary structure of MEK, a protein kinase that phosphorylates the ERK gene product," Science 258 (1992) 478 - 480.
- 3: Ahn, N.G. "The MAP kinase cascade. Discovery of a new signal transduction pathway," Mol. Cell Biochem. 127 - 128 (1993) 201 - 209.
- 4: Adams, J.P. and Sweatt, J.D., "Molecular psychology: Roles for the ERK MAP kinase cascade in memory," Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 42 (2002) 135 - 163.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-1018
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.