- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rabbit: (100%), Chicken: (87%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MEK1/2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the center of human MEK1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 240 - 290 of MEK1/2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MEK1/2 antibody can be used for detection of MEK1/2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: MEK1/2 antibody is human, mouse, and rat reactive. This antibody detects both MEK1 and MEK2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 43 kDa
Observed: 44 kDa
- PURIFICATION: MEK1/2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MEK1/2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MEK1/2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP2K1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1, MAP2K1, MAPKK1, MEK1, MKK1, PRKMK1, CFC3, Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 2, MAP2K2, MAPKK2, MEK2, MKK2, PRKMK2, CFC
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002746
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5579478
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5604
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1 (MAP2K1, also known as MEK1) and the highly homologous MEK2 are members of the dual specificity protein kinase family (1). MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals (2). MEK1 lies upstream of MAP kinases and stimulates the enzymatic activity of MAP kinases upon wide variety of extra- and intracellular signals. As an essential component of MAP kinase signal transduction pathway, MEK1 is involved in many cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development (2).
- 1: Zheng CF and Guan KL. Cloning and characterization of two distinct human extracellular signal-regulated kinase activator kinases, MEK1 and MEK2. J. Biol. Chem. 1993; 268:11435-9.
- 2: Marais R and Marshall CJ. Control of the ERK MAP kinase cascade by Ras and Raf. Cancer Surv. 1996; 27:101-25.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8207
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin