- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MEIG1 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminal of human MEIG1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of MEIG1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MEIG1 antibody can be used for detection of MEIG1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: MEIG1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MEIG1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MEIG1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MEIG1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MEIG1 Antibody: SPATA39, bA2K17.3, Meiosis expressed gene 1 protein homolog
- Protein Accession Number: Q5JSS6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124249370
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 644890
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MEIG1 Antibody: MEIG1, a murine gene first identified as a testis specific gene, is a chromosome/chromatin-binding protein initially expressed during meiosis but retained in the germ cell nucleus throughout later stages of spermatogenesis. MEIG1 is a highly conserved basal metazoan gene that is indispensable for mouse spermatogenesis. It is important for normal meiotic differentiation and absolutely crucial for terminal differentiation of spermatozoa. MEIG1 encodes two alternative transcripts, designated 2a2 and 11a2, both of which encode for a common ORF but differing in their 5' untranslated region (5'UTR) due to alternative promoters.
- 1: Don J and Wolgemuth DJ. Identification and characterization of the regulated pattern of expression of a novel mouse gene, meg1, during the meiotic cell cycle. Cell Growth Differ. 1992; 3:495-505
- 2: Salzberg Y, Eldar T, Karminsky OD, et al. Meig1 deficiency causes a severe defect in mouse spermatogenesis. Dev. Biol. 2010; 338:158-67.
- 3: Zhang Z, Shen X, Gude DR, et al. MEIG1 is essential for spermiogenesis in mice. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2009; 106:17055-60.
- 4: Ever L, Steiner R, Shalom S, et al. Two alternatively spliced Meig1 messenger RNA species are differentially expressed in the somatic and in the germ-cell compartments of the testis. Cell Growth Differ. 1999; 10:19-26.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6381
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin