- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence within amino acids 1-100 of human MECP2 (NP_004983.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: MCF7
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: SW620
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: HT-29
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Jurkat
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Mouse spleen
- POSITIVE CONTROL 6: Mouse lung
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 52kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MECP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MECP2, AUTSX3, DKFZp686A24160, MRX16, MRX79, PPMX, RTS, RTT, RS, MRXSL, MRXS13
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4204
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DNA methylation is the major modification of eukaryotic genomes and plays an essential role in mammalian development. Human proteins MECP2, MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4 comprise a family of nuclear proteins related by the presence in each of a methyl-CpG binding domain (MBD). Each of these proteins, with the exception of MBD3, is capable of binding specifically to methylated DNA. MECP2, MBD1 and MBD2 can also repress transcription from methylated gene promoters. In contrast to other MBD family members, MECP2 is X-linked and subject to X inactivation. MECP2 is dispensible in stem cells, but is essential for embryonic development. MECP2 gene mutations are the cause of most cases of Rett syndrome, a progressive neurologic developmental disorder and one of the most common causes of mental retardation in females. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 19-800
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.