- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ME2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human ME2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 340 - 390 of ME2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ME2 antibody can be used for detection of ME2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ME2 antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of ME2 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. ME2 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with ME1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 64 kDa
Observed: 60 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ME2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ME2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ME2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ME2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ME2 Antibody: ODS1, NAD-dependent malic enzyme, mitochondrial, Malic enzyme 2, NAD-ME
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002387
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4505145
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4200
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ME2 is a homotetrameric, mitochondrial NAD-dependent malic enzyme that catalyzes the oxidative decarboxylation of malate to pyruvate (1). It is related to malic enzyme 1 (ME1), a cytoplasmic NADP-dependent enzyme that generates NADPH for fatty acid biosynthesis (2). The expression of both malic enzymes is reciprocally regulated by p53; this regulation has been shown to modulate metabolism and senescence (3). Certain single-nucleotide polymorphism haplotypes of the ME2 gene have been shown to increase the risk for idiopathic generalized epilepsy (4).
- 1: Loeber G, Infante AA, Maurer-Fogy I, et al. Human NAD(+)-dependent mitochondrial malic enzyme. cDNA cloning, primary structure, and expression in Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 1991; 266:3016-21.
- 2: Gonzalez-Manchon C, Ferrer M, Ayuso MS, et al. Cloning, sequencing and functional expression of a cDNA encoding a NADP-dependent malic enzyme from human liver. Gene 1995;159:255-60.
- 3: Jiang P, Du W, Mancuso A, et al. Reciprocal regulation of p53 and malic enzymes modulates metabolism and senescence. Nature 2013; 493:689-83.
- 4: Lenzen KP, Heils A, Lorenz S, et al. Association analysis of malic acid enzyme 2 gene polymorphisms with idiopathic generalized epilepsy. Epilepsia 2005; 46:1637-41.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7723
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin