- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: MDA5 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human MDA5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 330 - 380 of MDA5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MDA5 antibody can be used for detection of MDA5 by Western blot at 1 - 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1369 - Human Lymph node Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: MDA5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MDA5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MDA5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: IFIH1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MDA5 Antibody: Hlcd, MDA5, MDA-5, RLR-2, IDDM19, RH116, Interferon-induced helicase C domain-containing protein 1, Clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis autoantigen 140 kDa, CADM-140 autoantigen
- Protein Accession Number: NP_071451
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27886568
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64135
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MDA5 Antibody: The innate immune system detects viral infection by recognizing various viral components and triggers antiviral responses. Like the toll-like receptor 3 (TLR3), the melanoma differentiation-associated protein 5 (MDA5) recognizes double-stranded (ds) RNA, a molecular pattern associated with viral infection. MDA5, a member of the DEAD/DEAH-box RNA helicase family, consists of an amino-terminal caspase recruitment domain (CARD) and a carboxyl-terminal RNA helicase domain similar to that of the related protein RIG-1. When stimulated by dsRNA, MDA5 recruits the adaptor protein VISA and ultimately causes the activation of IRF-3 and NF-κB. MDA5 and RIG-1 recognize different types of dsRNA, with MDA5 recognizing poly (I:C). MDA5-null mice were highly susceptible to infection with picornaviruses, which possess such sequences, demonstrating the importance of MDA5 in innate immunity.
- 1: Akira S, Uematsu S, and Takeuchi O. Pathogen recognition and innate immunity. Cell 2006; 124:783-801.
- 2: Hiscott J, Nguyen T-LA, Arguello M, et al. Manipulation of the nuclear factor-kappaB pathway and the innate immune response by viruses. Oncogene 2006; 25:6844-67.
- 3: Kang D, Gopalrishnan RV, Lin L, et al. Expression analysis and genomic characterization of human melanoma differentiation associated gene-5, mda-5: a novel type I interferon-responsive apoptosis-inducing gene. Oncogene 2004; 23:1789-800.
- 4: Andrejeva J, Childs KS, Young DF, et al. The V proteins of the paramyxoviruses bind the IFN-inducible RNA helicase, mda-5, and inhibit its activation of the IFN-beta promoter. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2004; 101:17264-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4039
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin