- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Mouse monoclonal MD-2 antibody was raised against a recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 2 to 160 of human MD-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MD-2 antibody can be used for detection of MD-2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 95-108 - MD-2 Recombinant Protein
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: MD-2 Monoclonal Antibody is immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MD-2 Monoclonal Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MD-2 monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LY96
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MD-2 Antibody [9F1B1] : MD2, MD-2, ly-96, ESOP-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056179
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 223555998
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23643
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MD-2 Monoclonal Antibody: MD-2 is a member of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) family, a group of proteins that include the Toll-like receptors (TLRs). TLRs are signaling molecules that recognize different pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. TLR4, the major signaling receptor for lipopolysaccharide (LPS), requires the binding of MD-2 to its extracellular region for maximal response to LPS. The specificity of this response is determined by the species of MD-2; e.g., human MD-2 transfected into mouse cells can cause mouse TLR4 to react to LPS analogs that are normally antagonistic to human but not mouse TLR4.
- 1: O'Neill LAJ, Fitzgerald FA, and Bowie AG. The Toll-IL-1 receptor adaptor family grows to five members. Trends in Imm. 2003; 24:286-9.
- 2: Vogel SN, Fitzgerald KA, and Fenton MJ. TLRs: differential adapter utilization by toll-like receptors mediates TLR-specific patterns of gene expression. Mol. Interv. 2003; 3:466-77.
- 3: Takeda K, Kaisho T, and Akira S. Toll-like receptors. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 4: Janeway CA Jr and Medzhitov R. Innate immune recognition. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2002; 20:197-216.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-4845
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $459.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.