- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-MD-2 antibody (3289) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids near the center of human MD-2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of MD-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-1 μg/mL; IHC: 2-2.5 μg/mL; IF: 10-20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1406 - Mouse Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1466 - Rat Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 19kD
Observed: 26 kD (Post-modification: 2 N-linked glycosylations)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 1): Anti-MD-2 antibodies (3289) detected human MD-2 recombinant protein at different concentrations.
- ISOFORMS: Human MD-2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (160aa, 18kD) and isoform 2 (130aa, 15kD). Mouse MD-2 has one isoform (160aa, 18kD) and Rat MD-2 also has one isoform (160aa, 18kD). 3289 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: MD-2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MD-2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MD-2 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LY96
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MD-2 Antibody: MD2, MD-2, ly-96, ESOP-1, ESOP1, MD2, Lymphocyte antigen 96, Ly-96
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056179
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 223555998
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23643
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MD-2 Antibody: MD-2 is a member of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor (TIR) family, a group of proteins that include the Toll-like receptors (TLRs). TLRs are signaling molecules that recognize different pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) and serve as an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses. TLR4, the major signaling receptor for lipopolysaccharide (LPS), requires the binding of MD-2 to its extracellular region for maximal response to LPS. The specificity of this response is determined by the species of MD-2; e.g., human MD-2 can cause mouse TLR4 to react to LPS analogs that are normally antagonistic to human but not mouse TLR4.
- 1: O'Neill et al. Trends in Imm. 2003; 24:286-9.
- 2: Vogel. Mol. Interv. 2003; 3:466-77.
- 3: Takeda et al. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2003; 21:335-76.
- 4: Janeway et al. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2002; 20:197-216.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3289
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin