- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Mcl-1 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the amino-terminus of human Mcl-1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of Mcl-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Mcl-1 antibody can be used for detection of isoforms Mcl-1L and Mcl-1S by Western blot at 1 to 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Detects isoforms Mcl-1L and Mcl-1S
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Mcl-1 Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Mcl-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Mcl-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MCL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Mcl-1 Antibody: TM, EAT, MCL1L, MCL1S, Mcl-1, BCL2L3, MCL1-ES, bcl2-L-3, mcl1/EAT, Induced myeloid leukemia cell differentiation protein Mcl-1, Bcl-2-like protein 3, Bcl2-L-3
- Protein Accession Number: NP_068779
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11386165
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4170
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Mcl-1 Antibody: Myeloid cell leukimia-1 (Mcl-1) is a member of the Bcl-2 family of proteins that can act to promote cell survival. While the mechanism by which Mcl-1 inhibits apoptosis is not known, it is thought that it may heterodimerize and neutralize pro-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family such as Bim or Bak. Mcl-1 was originally identified in differentiating myeloid cells, but has since been shown to be expressed in multiple cell types. Mcl-1 is essential for embryogenesis and for the development and maintenance of B and T lymphocytes in animals. Mcl-1 exists as at least three distinct isoforms designated Mcl-1L, Mcl-1S and Mcl-1ES. In marked contrast to the larger isoform of Mcl-1, overexpression of Mcl-1S promotes cell death.
- 1: Edwards SW, Derouet M, Howse M, et al. Regulation of neutrophil apoptosis by Mcl-1. Biochem Soc Trans. 2004; 32:489-92.
- 2: Cuconati A, Mukherjee C, Perez D, et al. DNA damage response and MCL-1 destruction initiate apoptosis in adenovirus-infected cells. Genes and Dev. 2003; 17:2922-32.
- 3: Opferman JT, Letai A, Beard C, et al. Development and maintenance of B and T lymphocytes require antiapoptotic MCL-1. Nature 2003; 426:671-6.
- 4: Kozopas KM, Yang T, Buchan HL, et al. MCL1, a gene expressed in programmed myeloid cell differentiation, has sequence similarity to BCL2. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1993; 90:3516-20.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3479
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin