- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This MBD4 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 323-351 amino acids from the Central region of human MBD4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 66 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MBD4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 4, 322-, Methyl-CpG-binding endonuclease 1, Methyl-CpG-binding protein MBD4, Mismatch-specific DNA N-glycosylase, MBD4, MED1
- Protein Accession Number: O95243
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8930
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DNA methylation is the major modification of eukaryoticgenomes and plays an essential role in mammalian development. Humanproteins MECP2, MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4 comprise a family ofnuclear proteins related by the presence in each of a methyl-CpGbinding domain (MBD). Each of these proteins, with the exception ofMBD3, is capable of binding specifically to methylated DNA. MBD4may function to mediate the biological consequences of themethylation signal. In addition, MBD4 has protein sequencesimilarity to bacterial DNA repair enzymes and thus may have somefunction in DNA repair. Further, MBD4 gene mutations are detectedin tumors with primary microsatellite-instability (MSI), a form ofgenomic instability associated with defective DNA mismatch repair,and MBD4 gene meets 4 of 5 criteria of a bona fide MIS target gene.
- 1: Arora, M., et al. Leukemia 24(8):1470-1475(2010)
- 2: Thyagarajan, B., et al. Biol. Blood Marrow Transplant. 16(8):1084-1089(2010)
- 3: Ho-Pun-Cheung, A., et al. Pharmacogenomics J. (2010) In press :
- 4: Briggs, F.B., et al. Am. J. Epidemiol. 172(2):217-224(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-515
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.