- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This MBD1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 376-405 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human MBD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 67 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MBD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1, CXXC-type zinc finger protein 3, Methyl-CpG-binding protein MBD1, Protein containing methyl-CpG-binding domain 1, MBD1, CXXC3, PCM1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UIS9
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50401200
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4152
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- DNA methylation, or the addition of methyl groups to cytosine bases in the dinucleotide CpG, is imperative to proper development and regulates gene expression. The methylation pattern involves the enzymatic processes of methylation and demethylation. The demethylation enzyme was recently foundto be a mammalian protein, which exhibits demethylase activity associated to a methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD) (1). The enzyme is able to revert methylated cytosine bases to cytosines within the particular dinucleotide sequence mdCpdG by catalyzing the cleaving of the methyl group as methanol.MeCP2 and MBD1 (PCM1) are first found to repress transcription by binding specifically to methylated DNA (2). MBD2 and MBD4 (also known as MED1) were later found to colocalize with foci of heavily methylated satellite DNA andbelieved to mediate the biological functions of the methylation signal. Surprisingly, MBD3 does not bind methylated DNA both in vivo and in vitro. MBD1, MBD2, MBD3, and MBD4 are found to be expressed in somatic tissues, but the expression of MBD1 and MBD2 is reduced or absent in embryonic stemcells, which are known to be deficient in MeCP1 activity. MBD4 have homology to bacterial base excision repair DNA N-glycosylases/lyases (3). In some microsatellite unstable tumors MBD4 is mutated at an exonic polynucleotide tract (4).
- 1: Bhattacharya SK, Ramchandani S, Cervoni N, Szyf. M. Nature, 397 (6720):579-583 1999.
- 2: Hendrichand Bird A. Mol Cell Biol, 18: 6538-6547(1998).
- 3: Petronzelli F, Riccio A, Markham GD, Seeholzer SH, Stoerker J, Genuardi M, Yeung AT, Matsumoto Y, Bellacosa A.Biol Chem 275 (42): 32422-32429 (2000).
- 4: Bader S, Walker M, Harrison D. BrCancer 83(12): 1646-1649 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-150
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.