- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: MATN4 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human MATN4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110 - 160 of MATN4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MATN4 antibody can be used for detection of MATN4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: MATN4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MATN4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MATN4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MATN4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MATN4 Antibody: Matrilin-4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_085080
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13699834
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8785
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MATN4 Antibody: Matrilin (MATNs) are a family of non-collagenous extracellular matrix proteins consisting of four known members that have been proposed to play key roles in the formation of both collagen-dependent and collagen-independent filamentous networks. Members of the matrilin family all share a structure made up of von Willebrand factor A domains, epidermal growth factor-like domains and a coiled coil alpha-helical module. MATN1 and MATN3 are expressed mainly in cartilage, while MATN2 and MATN4 occur in a wide variety of extracellular matrices such as embryonic kidney, lung, bone, cartilage and nervous system. The matrilin genes are strictly and differently regulated and their expression may serve as markers for cellular differentiation. MATN4 could serve as an odontoblast differentiation marker, e.g. in odontoblast stem cell research.
- 1: Pei M, Luo J, and Chen Q. Enhancing and maintaining chondrogenesis of synovial fibroblasts by cartilage extracellular matrix protein matrilins. Osteoarthritis Cartilage2008; 16:1110-7.
- 2: Frank S, Schulthess T, Landwehr R, et al. Characterization of the Matrilin Coiled-coil Domains Reveals Seven Novel Isoforms. J. Biol. Chem.2002; 277:19071-9.
- 3: Deak F, Wagener R, Kiss I, et al. The matrilins: a novel family of oligomeric extracellular matrix proteins. Matrix Biol.1999; 18:55-64.
- 4: Klatt AR, Nitche DP, Kobbe B, et al. Molecular structure, processing, and tissue distribution of matrilin. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:17267-75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5115
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin