- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (90%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MATN3 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human MATN3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 400 - 450 of MATN3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MATN3 antibody can be used for detection of Matn3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: MATN3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MATN3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MATN3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MATN3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MATN3 Antibody: HOA, OS2, EDM5, DIPOA, OADIP, Matrilin-3
- Protein Accession Number: AAI39908
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 146218451
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4148
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MATN3 Antibody: Matrilins (MATNs) are a family of non-collagenous extra-cellular matrix (ECM) proteins consisting of four known members that have been proposed to play key roles in modulating cellular phenotypes during chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs). MATN1 and MATN3 are expressed specifically in cartilage and are among the most up-regulated ECM proteins during chondrogenesis. MATN3 is composed of a single N-terminal von Willebrand Factor A (vWFA) domain followed by four epidermal growth factor (EGF) repeats and a coiled-coil domain whereas MATN1 is composed of two vWFA domains separated by one EGF-like domain. MATN1 or MATN3 may play a role in modulating chondrogenesis during the chondrocyte differentiation process. Mutations of this gene have been associated with variety of inherited chondrodysplasias. Recent studies show that aberrant expression and processing of MATN3 are hallmarks of conventional cartilaginous neoplasms.
- 1: Pei M, Luo J, and Chen Q. Enhancing and maintaining matrilins. Osteoarthritis Cartilage2008; 16:1110-7.
- 2: Frank S, Schulthess T, Landwehr R, et al. Characterization of the matrilin coiled-coil domains reveals seven novel isoforms. J. Biol. Chem.2002; 277:19071-9.
- 3: Chen Q, Johnson DM, Haudenschild DR, et al. Progression and recapitulation of the chondrocyte differentiation program: cartilage matrix protein is a marker for cartilage maturation. Dev. Biol.1995; 172:293-306.
- 4: Stokes DG, Liu G, Coimbra IB, et al. Assessment of the gene expression profile of differentiated and dedifferentiated human fetal chondrocytes by microarray analysis. Arthritis Rheum2002; 46:404-19.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5127
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin