- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Sheep: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MAPKAP1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human MAPKAP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of MAPKAP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MAPKAP1 antibody can be used for detection of MAPKAP1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1375 - Human Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: MAPKAP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MAPKAP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MAPKAP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAPKAP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MAPKAP1 Antibody: MIP1, SIN1, JC310, SIN1b, SIN1g, MIP1, Target of rapamycin complex 2 subunit MAPKAP1, Mitogen-activated protein kinase 2-associated protein 1, TORC2 subunit MAPKAP1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001006618
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56788407
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79109
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MAPKAP1 Antibody: MAPKAP1 was initially identified as the human homolog of S. pombe SIN1. Recent evidence has shown that it identical to Mip1, a protein that interacts with MEKK2, a member of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) intracellular signaling network. MAPKAP1 is thought to prevent MEKK2 activation and dimerization by forming a complex with the inactive and non-phosphorylated MEKK2, thereby blocking the JNK1/2, ERK1/2, p38 and ERK5 MAPKs. MAPKAP1 has also been shown to play a role in the TOR signaling process, a pathway that is involved in controlling cell growth and proliferation in response to environmental cues such as nutrients, growth factors and hormones. Experiments showed that MAPKAP1 helped to maintain the TOR/rictor assembly but not the TOR/RAPTOR complex, which allowed specific phosphorylation of Akt, a kinase that is believed to couple the growth factor-PI3K signaling pathway to the nutrient-regulated TOR signaling pathway. Multiple alternatively spliced isoforms of MAPKAP1 have been identified.
- 1: Schroder W, Cloonan N, Bushell G, et al. Alternative polyadenylation and splicing of mRNAs transcribed from the human Sin1 gene. Gene2004; 339:17-23.
- 2: Cheng J, Zhang D, Kim K, et al. Mip1, an MEKK2-interacting protein, controls MEKK2 dimerization and activation. Mol. Cell. Biol.2005; 25:5955-64.
- 3: Jacinto E, Facchinetti V, Liu D, et al. SIN1/MIP1 maintains rictor-mTOR complex integrity and regulates Akt phosphorylation and substrate specificity. Cell2006; 127:125-37.
- 4: Wullschleger S, Loewith R and Hall MN. TOR signaling in growth and metabolism. Cell2006; 124:471-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4077
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin