- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human MAPK14.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: MAPK14 antibody can be used for detection of MAPK14 by ELISA at 1:62500. MAPK14 antibody can be used for detection of MAPK14 by western blot at 0.06 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1309 - Human Placenta Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 41 kDa, 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store MAPK14 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAPK14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MAPK14, RK, p38, CSBP, EXIP, Mxi2, CSBP1, CSBP2, CSPB1, PRKM14, PRKM15, SAPK2A, p38ALPHA
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001306
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4503069
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1432
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MAPK14 encodes a protein which is a member of the MAP kinase family. MAP kinases act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals, and are involved in a wide variety of cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development. This kinase is activated by various environmental stresses and proinflammatory cytokines. The activation requires its phosphorylation by MAP kinase kinases (MKKs), or its autophosphorylation triggered by the interaction of MAP3K7IP1/TAB1 protein with this kinase. The substrates of this kinase include transcription regulator ATF2, MEF2C, and MAX, cell cycle regulator CDC25B, and tumor suppressor p53, which suggest the roles of this kinase in stress related transcription and cell cycle regulation, as well as in genotoxic stress response.
- 1: Aleman, M., et al., (2004) Infect. Immun. 72 (9), 5150-5158.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 31-048
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.