- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (92%)
- IMMUNOGEN: MANF antibody was raised against a 12 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human MANF.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of MANF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.125-2 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody does not cross-react with CDNF.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 20kD
Observed: 18 kD
KO Validation (Figure 1): Anti-MANF antibodies (4347) specificity was further verified by MANF specific knockout. MANF signal was not detected in MANF knockout HEK293T cells as compared to that in control wild type cells.
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3): Anti-MANF antibodies (4347) detected human MANF recombinant protein at different concentrations.
Localization Validation (Figure 8): MANF detected by anti-MANF antibodies is colocalized with HuC/D (a general neural marker). MANF is localized in mature neuronal cells.
KD Validation (Figure 9): Anti-MANF antibody (4347) specificity was further verified by MANF specific knockdown. MANF signal, when injected with a combination of two antisense splice-blocking morpholino oligonucleotides (MOsp), was disrupted in comparison with either wild type or when injected with control MO .
Induced Expression Validation (Figure 10): MANF expression detected by anit-MANF antibodies was up-regulated by VPA treatment.
- ISOFORMS: Human MANF has one isoform (182aa, 21kD). Mouse MANF has one isoform (179aa, 20kD) and Rat MANF also has one isoform (179aa, 20kD). 4347 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: MANF Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: MANF Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: MANF antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MANF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: MANF Antibody: ARP, ARMET, ARP, Mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor, Arginine-rich protein
- Protein Accession Number: P55145
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 23503040
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7873
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MANF Antibody: MANF, also known as ARMET, was initially identified as a protein containing an arginine-rich region that was highly mutated in a variety of tumors. More recently it was identified as a mesencephalic astrocyte-derived neurotrophic factor with selectivity for dopaminergic neurons, similar to glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and CDNF. In rat brain slices, MANF enhanced nigral gamma-aminobutyric acid release. Like GDNF and CDNF, MANF has selective neuroprotective activity for dopaminergic neurons suggesting that it may be indicated for the treatment of Parkinson's disease. Expression of MANF has also been shown to be induced during ER stress, suggesting that it may play a role in protein quality control during ER stress.
- 1: Shridhar et al. Oncogene1996; 12:1931-9.
- 2: Shridhar et al. Cancer Res.1996; 56:5576-8.
- 3: Petrova et al. J. Mol. Neurosci.2003; 20:173-88.
- 4: Lindholm et al. Nature 2007; 448:73-7.
- 1: Chen et al. MANF regulates dopaminergic neuron development in larval zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;370(2):237-49. PMID: 22898306
- 2: Almutawaa et al. Induction of neurotrophic and differentiation factors in neural stem cells by valproic acid. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2014;115(2):216-21. PMID: 24460582
- 3: Niles et al. Valproic acid up-regulates melatonin MT1 and MT2 receptors and neurotrophic factors CDNF and MANF in the rat brain. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2012;15(9):1343-50. PMID: 22243807
- 4: Walaa S. Almutawaa. Induction Of Neurotrophic and Differentiation Genes in Neural Stem Cells by Valproic Acid. McMaster University, M.Sc. Thesis. 2012.PMID:
- 5: Merja H. Voutilainen. CDNF and MANF in an experimental model of Parkinson's disease in rats. University of Helsinki, Ph.D. Thesis. 2010.PMID:
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4347
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.