- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This MAFA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 282-311 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human MAFA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 37 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAFA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Transcription factor MafA, Pancreatic beta-cell-specific transcriptional activator, Transcription factor RIPE3b1, V-maf musculoaponeurotic fibrosarcoma oncogene homolog A, MAFA
- Protein Accession Number: Q8NHW3
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 296435511
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 389692
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- MAFA is a transcription factor that binds RIPE3b, a conserved enhancer element that regulates pancreatic beta cell-specific expression of the insulin gene.
- 1: Kondo, T., et al. Mol. Endocrinol. 23(8):1281-1290(2009)
- 2: Kaneto, H., et al. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev. 61 (7-8), 489-496 (2009)
- 3: Garin, I., et al. Diabet. Med. 26(7):746-748(2009)
- 4: Vanderford, N.L., et al. Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 480(2):138-142(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-946
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.