- SPECIES: Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MEVSEHCSHM IGNGHLQILQ QLIDSQMETA CLIEYKFVDQ EQLDDPVCYL KKAFVLVQVI IEETMRFKDN TPNANATERL QELSMKLNSC FIKDYKEQNE ACVQTYKESP LRLLEKIKNF FNETKNFLEK DWNIFSKNCN DSLAKCSSRD VVTKP
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by the dose - dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine M - NFS - 60 cells is < 5.0 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of > 1 x 105 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized M-CSF recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted M-CSF is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing M-CSF recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Csf1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Csfm, Macrophage colony-stimulating factor 1, CSF-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_076471.3
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50054384
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 78965
- M-CSF is a potent hematopoietic factor produced by a variety of cells including lymphocytes, monocytes, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, myoblasts and osteoblasts. It is a key regulator of cellular proliferation, differentiation, and survival of blood monocytes, tissue macrophages and their progenitor cells. M-CSF has been shown to play important roles in modulating dermal thickness, and male and female fertility. M-CSF is clinically used in the treatment of infection, malignancies and atherosclerosis. It facilitates hematopoietic recovery after bone marrow transplantation. The human is reactive in murine systems, but the murine molecule exhibits no activity on human cells. Recombinant rat M-CSF is a 18.1 kDa homodimeric protein containing two 155 amino acid polypeptide subunits.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-479
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.