- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Hamster, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This Mouse CD31 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 508-536 amino acids from the C-terminal region of mouse CD31.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 81 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Pecam1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule, PECAM-1, CD31, Pecam1, Pecam, Pecam-1
- Protein Accession Number: Q08481
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 18613
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Cell adhesion molecule which is required for leukocyte transendothelial migration (TEM) under most inflammatory conditions. Tyr-679 plays a critical role in TEM and is required for efficient trafficking of PECAM1 to and from the lateral border recycling compartment (LBRC) and is also essential for the LBRC membrane to be targeted around migrating leukocytes. Prevents phagocyte ingestion of closely apposed viable cells by transmitting 'detachment' signals, and changes function on apoptosis, promoting tethering of dying cells to phagocytes (the encounter of a viable cell with a phagocyte via the homophilic interaction of PECAM1 on both cell surfaces leads to the viable cell's active repulsion from the phagocyte. During apoptosis, the inside-out signaling of PECAM1 is somehow disabled so that the apoptotic cell does not actively reject the phagocyte anymore. The lack of this repulsion signal together with the interaction of the eat-me signals and their respective receptors causes the attachment of the apoptotic cell to the phagocyte, thus triggering the process of engulfment). Modulates BDKRB2 activation (By similarity). Induces susceptibility to atherosclerosis.
- 1: DeLisser, H., et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107(43):18616-18621(2010)
- 2: Zhang, C., et al. Dev. Dyn. 239(10):2594-2602(2010)
- 3: Enciso, J.M., et al. Dev. Dyn. 239(10):2570-2583(2010)
- 4: Ni, A., et al. Dev. Dyn. 239(9):2354-2366(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-514
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.