- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%), Mouse: (88%), Rat: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: LZTS2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human LZTS2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 570 - 620 of LZTS2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: LZTS2 antibody can be used for detection of LZTS2 by immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: LZTS2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other LZTS family members.
- PURIFICATION: LZTS2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LZTS2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LZTS2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LZTS2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LZTS2 Antibody: LAPSER1, KIAA1813, LAPSER1, Leucine zipper putative tumor suppressor 2, Protein LAPSER1, hLZTS2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_115805
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 45331215
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84445
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LZTS2 Antibody: The leucine zipper putative tumor suppressor 2 (LZTS2, also known as LAPSER1), a member of the LZTS family, is a negative regulator of the Wnt signaling pathway. It represses beta-catenin-mediated transcriptional activation by promoting the nuclear exclusion of beta-catenin. LZTS2 is involved in cytokinesis and regulates katanin-mediated microtubule severing and release from the centrosome. LZTS2 may negatively regulate axonal outgrowth by preventing the formation of microtubule bundles that are necessary for transport within the elongating axon. LZTS2 is highly expressed in testis and prostate, but it is deleted in multiple cancers, including prostate tumors, suggesting that LZTS2 acts as a potential tumor suppressor.
- 1: Thyssen G, Li TH, Lehmann L, et al. LZTS2 is a novel beta-catenin-interacting protein and regulates the nuclear export of beta-catenin. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006; 26:8857-67
- 2: Sudo H and Maru Y. LAPSER1/LZTS2: a pluripotent tumor suppressor linked to the inhibition of katanin-mediated microtubule severing. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2008; 17:2524-40
- 3: Sudo H and Maru Y. LAPSER1 is a putative cytokinetic tumor suppressor that shows the same centrosome and midbody subcellular localization pattern as p80 Katanin. FASEB J. 2007; 21:2086-100.
- 4: Cabeza-Arvelaiz Y, Thompson TC, Sepulveda JL, et al. LAPSER1: a novel candidate tumor suppressor gene from 10q24.3. Oncogene 2001; 20:6707-17
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5073
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin