- SPECIES: Lysobacter Enzymogenes
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: GVGDIGSSDY CEKDIVCRVK PSAEFLSASK SVARMVFTPK TGYTGYCSGT LLNNSNSPKR QLFWSAAHCI STQKVANTLQ TYWLYDATGC DNDTLSDKAV TLTGGATLLH SHATRDTLLL ELKSAPPSGA YYAGWNSSAI ATKGTAIEGI HHPSGDLKKY SLGSVTALSS TIDGKKPLTK VAWTTGVTEG GSSGSGLFTI SSTSGYQLRG GLYGGTSYCS APSDPDYYSQ LDGVWSSIKT YFSPHHHHHH HH
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The reaction is measured as an increase in absorbance at 253 nm resulting from the hydrolysis of N-benzoyl-L-arginine ethyl ester (BAEE).
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ASE45_09385
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: None
- Proteases (also called Proteolytic Enzymes, Peptidases, or Proteinases) are enzymes that hydrolyze the amide bonds within proteins or peptides. Most proteases act in a specific manner, hydrolyzing bonds at, or adjacent to specific residues, or a specific sequence of residues contained within the substrate protein or peptide. Proteases play an important role in most diseases and biological processes, including prenatal and postnatal development, reproduction, signal transduction, the immune response, various autoimmune and degenerative diseases, and cancer. They are also an important research tool, frequently used in the analysis and production of proteins. Arg-C specifically cleaves at the carboxyl side of Arginine residues. Arg-C has a sulfhydryl requirement; it is activated by dithiothreitol, cysteine, or other sulfhydryl-containing reagents. The presence of calcium ions is essential. The enzyme is inhibited by oxidizing agents and sulfhydryl reactants, and by Co2+, Cu2+, Cd2+, and heavy metal ions. Recombinant Lysobacter Enzymogenes Arg-C is a 26.8 kDa protease consisting of 252 amino acid residues including a C-terminal His-Tag.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-708
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805