- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: LY6K antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human LY6K.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of LY6K.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LY6K antibody can be used for detection of LY6K by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of LY6K are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: LY6K Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LY6K Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LY6K antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LY6K
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LY6K Antibody: CT97, ly-6K, HSJ001348, CO16, Lymphocyte antigen 6K, Ly-6K
- Protein Accession Number: EAW82311
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 237820711
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54742
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LY6K Antibody: The lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus K (LY6K), a member of cancer-testis antigen was initially identified as a molecular marker for head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma as well a breast cancer. LY6K is a GPI-anchored membrane protein that is specifically associated with germ cell marker TEX101 and is strongly observed in testis, but only weakly in other tissues. LY6K mRNA was found to be upregulated in numerous bladder cancers due to gene amplification. Furthermore, knockdown experiments using LY6K siRNA reduced cell growth, migration and invasion in bladder carcinoma cell lines, suggesting that LY6K contributes to bladder cancer development.
- 1: de Nooij-van Dalen AG, van Dongen GA, Smeets SJ, et al. Characterization of the human Ly-6 antigens, the newly annotated member Ly-6K included, as molecular markers for head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int. J. Cancer 2003; 103:768-74.
- 2: Lee JW, Lee YS, Yoo KH, et al. LY-6K gene: a novel molecular marker for human breast cancer. Oncol. Rep. 2006; 16:1211-4.
- 3: Yoshitake H, Tsukamoto H, Maruyama-Fukushima M, et al. TEX101, a germ cell-marker glycoprotein, is associated with lymphocyte antigen 6 complex locus K within the mouse testis. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2008; 372:277-82.
- 4: Maruyama M, Yoshitake H, Tsukamoto H, et al. Molecular expression of Ly6k, a putative glycosylphosphatidyl-inositol-anchored membrane protein on the mouse testicular germ cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2010; 402:75-81.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6437
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin