- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: LXR-B antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus human LXR-B.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of LXR-B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LXR-B antibody can be used for detection of LXR-B by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 - Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: LXR-B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LXR-B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LXR-B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NR1H2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LXR-B Antibody: NER, UNR, LXRB, LXR-b, NER-I, RIP15, NER, Oxysterols receptor LXR-beta, Liver X receptor beta
- Protein Accession Number: P55055
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1709254
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7376
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LXR-B Antibody: LXR-B belongs to the Liver X Receptor family that encodes highly homologous transcription factors. Like the highly homologous LXR-A, LXR-B forms heterodimers with the retinoic acid receptor RXRalpha, which function as sensors for cellular oxysterols which when activated, increase the expression of genes that control sterol and fatty acid metabolism and homeostasis. Recent experiments have indicated that the LXRs can also modulate both innate and adaptive immune responses. Other studies suggest that genetic variability at the LXR-B gene locus may be a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease. One hypothesis postulates that LXR may be upstream of ApoE and potentiates the risk associated effects of the epsilon3 allele.
- 1: Willy PJ, Umesono K, Ong ES, et al. LXR, a nuclear receptor that defines a distinct retinoid response pathway. Genes Dev.1995; 9:1033-45.
- 2: Edwards PA, Kennedy MA, and Mak PA. LXRs; Oxysterol-activated nuclear receptors that regulate genes controlling lipid homeostasis. Vasc. Pharmacol.2002; 38:249-56.
- 3: Bensinger SJ and Tontonoz P. Integration of metabolism and inflammation by lipid-activated nuclear receptors. Nature2008; 454:470-7.
- 4: Adighibe O, Arepalli S, Duckworth J, et al. Genetic variability at the LXR gene (NR1H2) may contribute to the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Nerobiol. Aging2006; 27:1431-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5579
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin