- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gln 19 - Asn 338
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 37.5 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by reduced SDS-PAGE.
Less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACAN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LUM, Lumican, LDC, SLRR2D, KSPG lumican
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002336
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 176
- Lumican (LUM) is also known as Keratan sulfate proteoglycan lumican, KSPG lumican,LDC and SLRR2D, which belongs to the small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP) family and SLRP class II subfamily. LUM /Lumican is present in the extracellular matrix of human articular cartilage at all ages, although its abundance is far greater in the adult. In the adult cartilage LUM /Lumican exists predominantly in a glycoprotein form lacking keratan sulfate, whereas the juvenile form of the molecule is a proteoglycan. LUM participates in the maintenance of tissue homeostasis and modulates cellular functions including cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation. The expression of LUM has been correlated to the growth and metastasis of various malignancies.
- 1: Onnerfjord P., et al., 2004, J. Biol. Chem. 279:26-33.
- 2: Grover J., et al., 1995, J. Biol. Chem. 270:21942-21949.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-526
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.