- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-LSD1 antibody (3763) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of human LSD1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 140-190 of LSD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.2 - 2 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1286 - P815 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 93kD
Observed: 110 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar LSD1 expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-LSD1 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3761 against N-terminus domain and 3763 against central domain. LSD1 proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines that include mouse (3T3/NIH) and rat cell lines (YB2/0) at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human LSD1 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (852aa, 93kD) and isoform 2 (876aa, 95kD). Mouse LSD1 has one isoform (853aa, 93kD) and Rat LSD1 also has one isoform (872aa, 95kD). 3763 can detect all isoforms of human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: LSD1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LSD1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LSD1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KDM1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LSD1 Antibody: AOF2, KDM1, LSD1, BHC110, AOF2, KIAA0601, Lysine-specific histone demethylase 1A, BRAF35-HDAC complex protein BHC110
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001009999
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 58761544
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23028
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LSD1 Antibody: Histone modifications mediate changes in gene expression by altering chromatin structure or by serving as a platform to recruit other proteins. LSD1 is a recently discovered amine oxidase that catalyzes the lysine-specific demethylation of histone proteins via an FAD-dependent oxidative reaction. Methylation on histone H3-K9 is thought to play an important role in heterochromatin formation, while methylation on arginine and some lysine residues (such as H3-K4) is associated with active transcription. LSD1 associates with various proteins, including HDAC1/2, CoREST, and BHC80, that act to regulate LSD1 activity in vivo, and in a histone H3-K4-specific methylase complex that is involved in transcriptional regulation. Experiments have shown that CoREST, a SANT domain-containing corepressor acts to enhance LSD1 activity, while BHC80, a PHD domain-containing protein, inhibits CoREST/LSD1 activity in vitro. LSD1-mediated histone demethylation thus may have significant effects on gene expression.
- 1: Shi et al. Cell 2004; 119:941-53.
- 2: Kouzarides et al. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2002; 12:198-209.
- 3: Shi et al. Mol. Cell 2005; 19:857-64.
- 4: Nakamura et al. Mol. Cell 2002; 10:1119-28.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3763
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.