- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (93%), Rat: (91%)
- IMMUNOGEN: LRRTM4 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human LRRTM4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 350 - 400 of LRRTM4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LRRTM4 antibody can be used for detection of LRRTM4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of LRRTM4 are known to exist; this antibody will both isoforms. LRRTM4 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other LRRTM family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: LRRTM4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LRRTM4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LRRTM4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LRRTM4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LRRTM4 Antibody: Leucine-rich repeat transmembrane neuronal protein 4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001128217
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 156139147
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80059
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LRRTM4 Antibody: The Leucine-rich repeat transmembrane neuronal proteins (LRRTMs) are differentially expressed in the nervous system and were recently found to instruct presynaptic and mediate postsynaptic glutamatergic differentiation, with LRRTM1 and LRRTM2 most potent at inducing presynaptic differentiation. Little is known about the function of LRRTM4; in mouse, it is expressed in the limb mesenchyme, neural tube, caudal mesoderm and in three distinct regions of the head. Later expression occurs in a subset of the developing sclerotome. Its similarity to other LRRTM family members suggests that LRRTM4 may also play a role in the development and maintenance of the vertebrate nervous system.
- 1: Lauren J, Airaksinen MS, Saarma M, et al. A novel gene family encoding leucine-rich repeat transmembrane protein differentially expressed in the nervous system. Genomics 2003; 81:411-21.
- 2: Linhoff MW, Lauren J, Cassidy RM, et al. An unbiased expression screen for synaptogenic proteins identifies the LRRTM protein family as synaptic organizers. Neuron 2009; 61:734-49.
- 3: Siddiqui TJ, Pancaroglu R, Kang Y, et al. LRRTMs and neuroligins bind neurexins with a differential code to cooperate in glutamate synapse development. J. Neurosci. 2010; 30:7495-506.
- 4: Haines BP and Rigby PW. Developmentally regualted expression of the LRRTM gene family during mid-gestation mouse embryogenesis. Gene Expr. Patterns 2007; 7:23-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6173
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin