- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: LRRTM2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human LRRTM2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of LRRTM2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LRRTM2 antibody can be used for detection of LRRTM2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: LRRTM2 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other LRRTM family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: LRRTM2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LRRTM2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LRRTM2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LRRTM2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LRRTM2 Antibody: KIAA0416, LRRN2, Leucine-rich repeat transmembrane neuronal protein 2, Leucine-rich repeat neuronal 2 protein
- Protein Accession Number: EAW62125
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7662102
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 26045
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LRRTM2 Antibody: The Leucine-rich repeat transmembrane neuronal proteins (LRRTMs) are differentially expressed in the nervous system and were recently found to instruct presynaptic and mediate postsynaptic glutamatergic differentiation, with LRRTM1 and LRRTM2 most potent at inducing presynaptic differentiation. Each LRRTM protein is a type I transmembrane containing ten extracellular leucine-rich repeats and a short intracellular tail and has a developmentally regulated pattern distinct from all others. LRRTM2 interacts with PSD-95 and regulates the surface expression of AMPA receptors. LRRTM2 also functions as a neurexin ligand, binding both Neurexin 1-alpha and -beta, suggesting that LRRTM2-Neurexin1 interaction plays a critical role in regulatory excitatory synapse development.
- 1: Lauren J, Airaksinen MS, Saarma M, et al. A novel gene family encoding leucine-rich repeat transmembrane protein differentially expressed in the nervous system. Genomics 2003; 81:411-21.
- 2: Linhoff MW, Lauren J, Cassidy RM, et al. An unbiased expression screen for synaptogenic proteins identifies the LRRTM protein family as synaptic organizers. Neuron 2009; 61:734-49.
- 3: Siddiqui TJ, Pancaroglu R, Kang Y, et al. LRRTMs and neuroligins bind neurexins with a differential code to cooperate in glutamate synapse development. J. Neurosci. 2010; 30:7495-506.
- 4: Ko J, Fuccillo MV, Malenka RC, et al. LRRTM2 functions as a neurexin ligand in promoting excitatory synapse formation. Neuron 2009; 64:791-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6169
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin