- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ser61-Gln273
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25.39 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 150mM NaCl, pH 7.2. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: OLR1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor 1, Ox-LDL Receptor 1, C-Type Lectin Domain Family 8 Member A, Lectin-Like Oxidized LDL Receptor 1, LOX-1, Lectin-Like oxLDL Receptor 1, hLOX-1, Lectin-Type Oxidized LDL Receptor 1, OLR1, CLEC8A, LOX1
- Protein Accession Number: P78380
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4973
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein Receptor 1 (Ox-LDL Receptor 1) is a secreted, single-pass type II membrane protein which belongs to the C-type lectin superfamily. Ox-LDL Receptor 1 is expressed at high levels in endothelial cells and vascular-rich organs such as placenta, lung, liver, brain, aortic intima, bone marrow, spinal cord and substantia nigra. The expression of Ox-LDL Receptor 1 is induced by inflammatory cytokines such as TNF, IFNG and IL6 by pathological conditions, such as hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes mellitus. Ox-LDL Receptor 1 mediates the recognition, internalization and degradation of oxidatively modified low density lipoprotein (OxLDL) by vascular endothelial cells. Ox-LDL Receptor 1 association with oxLDL induces the activation of NF-kappa-B through an increased production of intracellular reactive oxygen and a variety of pro-atherogenic cellular responses including a reduction of nitric oxide (NO) release, monocyte adhesion and apoptosis. Ox-LDL Receptor 1 also binds to oxLDL, which acts as a receptor for the HSP70 protein involved in antigen cross-presentation to naive T-cells in dendritic cells, thereby participating in cell-mediated antigen cross-presentation. It also participates in inflammatory process, by acting as a leukocyte-adhesion molecule at the vascular interface in endotoxin-induced inflammation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-474
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.