- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 628.8
- Formula: C37H48N4O5
- CAS: 192725-17-0
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, methanol or ethanol. Insoluble in water.
- InChi Key: KJHKTHWMRKYKJE-SUGCFTRWSA-N
- Smiles: O=C1NCCCN1[C@@H](C(C)C)C(N[C@@H](CC2=CC=CC=C2)C[C@H](O)[C@H](CC3=CC=CC=C3)NC(COC4=C(C)C=CC=C4C)=O)=O
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 98% (1H-NMR)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: A-157378.0; ABT-378; Aluviran
- The antiviral agent Lopinavir is a potent inhibitor of HIV-1 protease (Ki=1.3pM for wild-type enzyme) and has been shown to block the replication of clinical isolates of HIV (EC50s=5-52nM). Lopinavir is an antiretroviral of the protease inhibitor class. It is used against HIV infections as a fixed-dose combination with another protease inhibitor, ritonavir (lopinavir/ritonavir). Lopinavir/ritonavir inhibits the HIV protease enzyme by forming an inhibitor-enzyme complex thereby preventing cleavage of the gag-pol polyproteins. Immature, non- infectious viral particles are subsequently produced. Lopinavir also has an ability to inhibit ZMPSTE24 (zinc metallopeptidase STE24). HIV-PIs block prelamin A processing by directly affecting the enzymatic activity of ZMPSTE24 and in this way they may contribute to lipodystrophy in individuals undergoing HIV-PI treatment. It also has been shown to inhibit meningioma cell proliferation, induce apoptosis on lymphoma cells and inhibit insulin signaling. Shown in a SARS-CoV-2 protease structure model study to potentially bind and inhibit the coronavirus endopeptidase C30 (CEP_C30) of SARS-CoV-2. A initial randomized trial study was not successful.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 10-029
- Size: 250 mg
- List Price: $255.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805