- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal antibodies were raised against peptides corresponding to amino acid sequences from each of the corresponding proteins.
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, WB
- SET CONTENTS: Alpha-Tubulin Antibody, Catalog No. 7175
GAPDH Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 3781
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies are supplied as affinity chromatography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: Antibody 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable at 4°C for three months, store at -20°C for up to one year.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Loading controls are used in immunoblots to normalize the levels of protein detected by confirming that protein loading is the same across the gel. The expression levels of the loading control should not vary between the different sample lanes. Loading controls are usually proteins that exhibit high-level, constitutive expression in the cell type or sample. This ensures constant expression levels. Thus “housekeeping genes” such as Beta-actin, Alpha-tubulin, and GAPDH are frequently chosen for use as loading controls. Actin is a ubiquitous protein and a major component of the eukaryotic cytoskeleton. Globular tubulin subunits made up of alpha- and beta-tubulin heterodimers are the building blocks of microtubules, one of three types of cytosolic fibers that comprise the cytoskeleton. GAPDH is constitutively expressed at high levels in almost all tissues and cell lines, catalyzes the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate in the presence of inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), an important energy-yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism.
- 1: Lambrechts A, Van Troys, M and Ampe C. The actin cytoskeleton in normal and pathological cell motility. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2004; 36:1890-909.
- 2: Tristan C, Shahani N, Sedlak TW, et al. The diverse functions of GAPDH: views from different subcellular compartments. Cell Signal. 2011; 23:317-23.
- 3: McKean PG, Vaughan S, and Gull K. The extended tubulin family. J. Cell Sci. 2001; 114:2723-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PSI-1832
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $205.00 – $355.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.