- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: LKB1 (phospho Ser428) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of serine428 (R-L-S (p)-A-C) derived from Human LKB1 .
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000
- SPECIFICITY: The antibody detects endogenous level of LKB1 only when phosphorylated at serine 428.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 65 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: STK11
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Protein kinase, CAMK group, CAMKL family, LKB subfamily,
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000446.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17939640
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6794
- Tumor suppressor serine/threonine-protein kinase that controls the activity of AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) family members, thereby playing a role in various processes such as cell metabolism, cell polarity, apoptosis and DNA damage response. Acts by phosphorylating the T-loop of AMPK family proteins, leading to promote their activity: phosphorylates PRKAA1, PRKAA2, BRSK1, BRSK2, MARK1, MARK2, MARK3, MARK4, NUAK1, NUAK2, SIK1, SIK2, SIK3 and SNRK but not MELK. Also phosphorylates non-AMPK family proteins such as STRADA and possibly p53/TP53. Acts as a key upstream regulator of AMPK by mediating phosphorylation and activation of AMPK catalytic subunits PRKAA1 and PRKAA2: it thereby regulates inhibition of signaling pathways that promote cell growth and proliferation when energy levels are low, glucose homeostasis in liver, activation of autophagy when cells undergo nutrient deprivation, B-cell differentiation in the germinal center in response to DNA damage. Also acts as a regulator of cellular polarity by remodeling the actin cytoskeleton. Required for cortical neurons polarization by mediating phosphorylation and activation of BRSK1 and BRSK2, leading to axon initiation and specification. Involved in DNA damage response: interacts with p53/TP53 and recruited to the CDKN1A/WAF1 promoter to participate in transcription activation. Able to phosphorylate p53/TP53; the relevance of such result in vivo is however unclear and phosphorylation may be indirect and mediated by downstream STK11/LKB1 kinase NUAK1 Also acts as a mediator p53/TP53-dependent apoptosis via interaction with p53/TP53: translocates to mitochondrion during apoptosis and regulates p53/TP53-dependent apoptosis pathways.
- 1: Zhu H, et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 16495-505. Seto SW, et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e66404 . Rosario FJ, et al. (2012)J Physiol 590, 1495-509.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 80-029
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $335.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.