- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (87%), Chicken: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Lin28 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human Lin28.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Lin28.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Lin28 antibody can be used for detection of Lin28 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Lin28 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Lin28 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lin28 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LIN28A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Lin28 Antibody: CSDD1, LIN28, LIN-28, ZCCHC1, lin-28A, CSDD1, Protein lin-28 homolog A, Zinc finger CCHC domain-containing protein 1, Lin-28A
- Protein Accession Number: EAX07814
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119628219
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79727
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Lin28 Antibody: Lin28 is a transcription factor that was first identified through its key role in the pathway of developmental timing in C. elegans. The role of Lin28 in development suggested that it might be useful in the creation of stem cells that might be beneficial in cell replacement therapies in the treatment of several degenerative diseases. Artificial stem cells, termed induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells, can be created by expressing Lin28 in addition to the transcription factors POU5F1, Sox2, and NANOG in mouse fibroblasts. More recently, experiments have demonstrated that iPS cells could be generated using expression plasmids expressing Lin28, Sox2, POU5F1 and c-Myc, eliminating the need for virus introduction, thereby addressing a safety concern for potential use of iPS cells in regenerative medicine.
- 1: Ambros V. A hierarchy of regulatory genes controls a larva-to-adult developmental switch in C. elegans. Cell1989; 57:49-57.
- 2: Carpenter MK, Rosler E, and Rao MS. Characterization and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Cloning Stem Cells2003; 5:79-88.
- 3: Tyu J, Vodyanik MA, Smuga-Otto K, et al. Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science2007; 318:1917-20
- 4: Okita K, Nakagawa M, Hyenjong H, et al. Generation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells without viral vectors. Science2008; 322:949-53.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5605
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin