- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Arg27-Thr432
- FUSION TAG: C-Fc tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 73.4 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 50mM Tris-Citrate, 0.3M NaCl, pH6.5. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Scarb2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Lysosome membrane protein 2, 85 kDa lysosomal membrane sialoglycoprotein, LGP85, Lysosome membrane protein II, LIMP II, Scavenger receptor class B member 2, SCARB2, SR-B2, CD36L2
- Protein Accession Number: O35114
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12492
- Lysosome membrane protein II (LIMPII)also known as SCARB2, is a type III multi-pass membrane glycoprotein that is located primarily in limiting membranes of lysosomes and endosomes on all tissues and cell types so far examined. Earlier studies in mice and rat suggested that this protein may participate in membrane transportation and the reorganization of endosomal/lysosomal compartment. The protein deficiency in mice was reported to impair cell membrane transport processes and cause pelvic junction obstruction, deafness, and peripheral neuropathy. Further studies in human showed that this protein is identified as a receptor for EV71 (human enterovirus species A, Enterovirus 71) and CVA16 (coxsackievirus A16) which are most frequently associated with hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). Mutations in this gene caused an autosomal recessive progressive myoclonic epilepsy-4 (EPM4), also known as action myoclonus-renal failure syndrome (AMRF). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. In addition, LIMPII also has been shown to bind thrombospondin-1, may contribute to the pro-adhesive changes of activated platelets during coagulation, and inflammation.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-702
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $420.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin