- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SPLPITPVNA TCAIRHPCHN NLMNQIRSQL AQLNGSANAL FILYYTAQGE PFPNNLDKLC GPNVTDFPPF HANGTEKAKL VELYRIVVYL GTSLGNITRD QKILNPSALS LHSKLNATAD ILRGLLSNVL CRLCSKYHVG HVDVTYGPDT SGKDVFQKKK LGCQLLGKYK QIIAVLAQAF
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to stimulate the proliferation of human TF-1 cells. The expected ED50 is ≤ 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 1 x 107 units/mg.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LIF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Leukemia Inhibitory Factor, Differentiation-stimulating factor, D factor, Melanoma-derived LPL inhibitor (MLPLI), Interleukin 6 family cytokine
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3976
- LIF is a pleiotrophic factor produced by multiple cell types, including T cells, myelomonocytic lineages, fibroblasts, liver, heart and melanoma. LIF promotes long-term maintenance of embryonic stem cells by suppressing spontaneous differentiation. Other activities include the stimulation of acute phase protein synthesis by hepatocytes, stimulation of differentiation of cholinergic nerves, and suppression of adipogenesis by inhibiting the lipoprotein lipase in adipocytes. While human LIF is active on mouse cells and is widely used in the maintenance of murine ESC to prevent spontaneous differentiation, mouse LIF is not active on human cells due to its inability to bind to the human LIF receptor. Recombinant Human LIF is a 19.7 kDa protein containing 180 amino acid residues, including three disulfide bonds.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-750
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $205.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.