- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: LGI4 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human LGI4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 470 - 520 of LGI4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LGI4 antibody can be used for the detection of LGI4 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Two isoforms of LGI4 are known to exist; this LGI4 antibody will recognize only the larger form. This LGI4 antibody is predicted to be specific to LGI4 and not recognize other LGI proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: LGI4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LGI4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LGI4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LGI4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LGI4 Antibody: LGIL3, LGIL3, UNQ6515/PRO21485, Leucine-rich repeat LGI family member 4, LGI1-like protein 3
- Protein Accession Number: AAM49552
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21359654
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 163175
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LGI4 Antibody: The leucine-rich, glioma inactivated gene 4 (LGI4) is a member of the LGI family in which LGI1 is the exemplar. The LGI family consists of four of highly related proteins containing leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) which are highly similar to other transmembrane signaling molecules and receptors. LGI1 has been identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for glioma and plays a role in autodominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADTLE), an epileptic syndrome characterized by focal seizures with predominant auditory symptoms. Despite its high homology with LGI1 and similar pattern of expression, mutations in LGI4 have not been found to be associated with ADTLE. However, the LGI4 gene is located in a region linked to benign familial infantile convulsions. Further study revealed that a GC-to-AT polymorphism was correlated with childhood absence epilepsy. Other studies showed that decreasing LGI4 expression in cultured cells inhibits myelination, indicating that LGI4 may play a role in neural development.
- 1: Gu W, Gibert Y, Wirth T, et al. Using gene-history and expression analysis to assess the involvement of LGI genes in human disorders. Mol. Biol. Evol.2005; 22:2209-16.
- 2: Chernova OB, Somerville RP and Cowell JK. A novel gene, LGI1, from 10q24 is rearranged and downregulated in malignant brain tumors. Oncogene1998; 17:2873-81.
- 3: Berkovic SF, Izzillo P, McMahon JM, et al. LGI1 mutations in temporal lobe epilepsies. Neurology2004; 62:1115-9.
- 4: Gu W, Sander T, Becker T, et al. Genotypic association of exonic LGI4 polymorphism and childhood absence epilepsy. Neurogenetics2004; 5:41-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4511
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin