- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: LGI1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human LGI1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 370 - 420 of LGI1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LGI1 antibody can be used for the detection of LGI1 by Western blot at 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This LGI1 antibody is predicted to be specific to LGI1 and not recognize other LGI proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: LGI1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LGI1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LGI1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LGI1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LGI1 Antibody: EPT, ETL1, ADLTE, ADPAEF, ADPEAF, IB1099, EPITEMPIN, EPT, UNQ775/PRO1569, Leucine-rich glioma-inactivated protein 1, Epitempin-1
- Protein Accession Number: AAQ89244
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 37182888
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9211
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LGI1 Antibody: The leucine-rich, glioma inactivated gene 1 (LGI1) was first identified as a candidate tumor suppressor gene for glioma and may play a role in other cancers. LGI1 is a member of a family of highly related proteins containing leucine-rich repeats (LRRs) which are highly similar to other transmembrane signaling molecules and receptors. LGI1 serves as a ligand to ADAM22, a metalloprotease localized at the synapse. Mutations in LGI1 account for nearly half of autodominant lateral temporal epilepsy (ADTLE), an epileptic syndrome characterized by focal seizures with predominant auditory symptoms. Two isoforms of LGI1 are known to exist; this LGI1 antibody will recognize only the longer form.
- 1: Chernova OB, Somerville RP and Cowell JK. A novel gene, LGI1, from 10q24 is rearranged and downregulated in malignant brain tumors. Oncogene1998; 17:2873-81.
- 2: Fialka F, Gruber RM, Hitt R, et al. CPA6, FMO2, LGI1, SIAT1 and TNC are differentially expressed in early- and late-stage oral squamous cell carcinoma - A pilot study. Oral Oncol.2008;
- 3: Gu W, Gibert Y, Wirth T, et al. Using gene-history and expression analysis to assess the involvement of LGI genes in human disorders. Mol. Biol. Evol.2005; 22:2209-16.
- 4: Fukata Y, Adesnik H, Iwanaga T, et al. Epilepsy-related ligand/receptor complex LGI1 and ADAM22 regulate synaptic transmission. Science2006; 313:1792-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4489
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin