- SPECIES: Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MVPIHKVQDD TKTLIKTIVT RINDISHTQS VSARQRVTGL DFIPGLHPIL SLSKMDQTLA VYQQILTSLP SQNVLQIAHD LENLRDLLHL LAFSKSCSLP QTRGLQKPES LDGVLEASLY STEVVALSRL QGSLQDILQQ LDLSPEC
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by an in vivo assay using the ob/ob mouse obesity model and NZO. Both strains of mice were treated via intraperitoneal injection once daily at a dose of 5μg leptin/gm of body weight for 7 days. Significant effects on body weight, food consumption, and plasma glucose levels were observed to saline - treated controls.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Leptin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Leptin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Leptin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Lep
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: OB, obese, Ob, Leptin, Obesity factor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_037208.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6981148
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25608
- Encoded by the ob (obese) gene, Leptin is an adipose-derived cytokine that suppresses appetite and increases thermogenesis. Leptin exerts its anorectic effect via signaling through a hypothalamic receptor termed OB-R. Leptin has been shown to reduce body weight, food consumption, and plasma glucose levels in various in vivo models. Recombinant Rat Leptin is a 16.2 kDa protein containing 147 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-473
- Size: 0.2 mg | 1.0 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.