- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: LASS5 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human LASS5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of LASS5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LASS5 antibody can be used for detection of LASS5 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Multiple isoforms of LASS5 are known to exist. This antibody may cross-react with the highly homologous LASS6.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: LASS5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LASS5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LASS5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CERS5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LASS5 Antibody: Trh4, LASS5, Ceramide synthase 5, LAG1 longevity assurance homolog 5, CerS5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_671723
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22218345
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91012
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- LASS5 Antibody: The LASS (longevity assurance homolog) family members represent a subgroup of the homeobox gene family and are highly conserved from yeasts to mammals. Six members of this family of proteins have been characterized (LASS1-6) and all are involved in ceramide synthesis during cell growth regulation and cancer differentiation. LASS5, also called Trh4, is a 392 amino acid endoplasmic reticulum, multi-pass membrane protein. Functioning as a dihydro-ceramide synthase, LASS5 is involved in the production of sphingolipids containing mainly one fatty acid donor (N-linked palmitoyl-ceramide) in a fumonisin B1-independent manner. It uses palmitoyl-CoA as an acyl donor and is involved in the synthesis of C14, C16 and C18-ceramide. LASS5 is the most abundantly expressed and predominant ceramide synthase isoform in lung epithelia. Recent studies show that LASS5 partially correct growth and apoptosis.
- 1: Riebeling C, Allegood JC, Wang E, et al. Two mammalian longevity assurance gene (LAG1) family members, Trh1 and Trh, regulate dihydroceramide synthesis using different fatty acyl-CoA donors. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:43452-9.
- 2: Lahiri S and Futerman AH. LASS5 is a bona fide dihydroceramide synthase that selectively utilizes palmitoyl-CoA as acyl donor. J. Biol Chem.2005; 280:33735-8.
- 3: Spassieva S, Seo JG, Jiang JC, et al. 2006. Necessary role for the LAG1p motif in (dihydro)ceramide synthase activity. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:33931-8.
- 4: Xu Z, Zhou J, McCoy DM, et al. LASS5 is the predominant ceramide synthase isoform involved in de novo sphingolipid synthesis in lung epithelia. J. Lipid Res.2005; 46:1229-38.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4695
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.