- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This LALBA antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 39-68 amino acids from the Central region of human LALBA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:25
For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LALBA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Alpha-lactalbumin, Lactose synthase B protein, Lysozyme-like protein 7, LALBA, LYZL7
- Protein Accession Number: P00709
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 126001
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3906
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes alpha-lactalbumin, a principal proteinof milk. Alpha-lactalbumin forms the regulatory subunit of thelactose synthase (LS) heterodimer and beta1,4-galactosyltransferase (beta4Gal-T1) forms the catalyticcomponent. Together, these proteins enable LS to produce lactose bytransfering galactose moieties to glucose. As a monomer,alpha-lactalbumin strongly binds calcium and zinc ions and maypossess bactericidal or antitumor activity. A folding variant ofalpha-lactalbumin, called HAMLET, likely induces apoptosis in tumorand immature cells.
- 1: Tolin, S., et al. FEBS J. 277(1):163-173(2010)
- 2: Rosner, H.I., et al. J. Mol. Biol. 394(2):351-362(2009)
- 3: Wang, J., et al. J. Dairy Sci. 91(12):4466-4476(2008)
- 4: Ramboarina, S., et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 130(46):15318-15326(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 58-026
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin