- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (65%)
- IMMUNOGEN: LAG3 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the amino terminus of human LAG3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110 - 160 of LAG3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: LAG3 antibody can be used for Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two antibodies are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the largest isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1404 - Mouse Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 55 kDa
Observed: 54 kDa
- PURIFICATION: LAG3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: LAG3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: LAG3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LAG3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: LAG3 Antibody: lymphocyte activating 3, LAG-3, CD223
- Protein Accession Number: NP_002277
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 167614500
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3902
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The lymphocyte activation gene-3 (LAG3) is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and binds MHC class II with high affinity (1), negatively regulating T-cell function and homeostasis (2). It is expressed in B, T, and NK cells, monocytes, and dendritic cells (3), and acts to regulate T cell expansion (4). LAG3 is also an important immune checkpoint protein, with anti-LAG3 antibodies activating T effector cells and affecting regulatory T cell functions. Furthermore LAG3 appears to act in a synergistic fashion with PD-1/PD-L1, suggesting that a dual antibody approach may prove useful in cancer immunotherapy (5).
- 1: Huard B, Tournier M, Hercend T, et al. Lymphocyte-activation gene 3/major histocompatibility complex class II interaction modulates the antigenic response of CD4+ T lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol 1994; 24:3216–21.
- 2: Triebel F. LAG-3: a regulator of T-cell and DC responses and its use in therapeutic vaccination. Trends Immunol 2003; 24:619–22.
- 3: Workman CJ, Wang Y, El Kasmi KC, et al. LAG-3 regulates plasmacytoid dendritic cell homeostasis. J Immunol. 2009; 182:1885–91.
- 4: Workman CJ, Vignali DA. The CD4-related molecule, LAG-3 (CD223), regulates the expansion of activated T cells. Eur J Immunol 2003; 33:970–9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8655
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin