- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: HPV-16
- IMMUNOGEN: Human papilloma virus type 16, major capsid protein L1, was used as the immunogen for the L1 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western blot: 1-2 ug/ml
ELISA: assay dependent
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Optimal dilution of the L1 antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: L1
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Reacts with a protein of 57kDa, identified as the L1 protein of human papilloma virus type 16 (HPV-16). Forms an icosahedral capsid with a T=7 symmetry and a 50 nm diameter. The capsid is composed of 72 pentamers linked to each other by disulfide bonds and associated with L2 proteins. Binds to heparan sulfate proteoglycans on the basement membrane to provide initial virion attachment to target cells. Basement membrane is exposed only after epithelium trauma. Additionally, the alpha6 integrin complexed with either beta1 or beta4 integrin has been proposed to act as a coreceptor recognized by L1. Once attached, integrin complexed with beta4 integrin has been proposed to act as a coreceptor recognized by L1. Once attached, the virion enters the host cell via clathrin-mediated endocytosis and the genomic DNA is released to the host nucleus. The virion assembly takes place within the cell nucleus. Encapsulates the genomic DNA together with protein L2. [UniProt]
The antibody reacts very strongly with formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues containing HPV-16 or -33; very weak reactions were occasionally observed with biopsy specimens or smears containing HPV-6 or HPV-11. It cross-reacts with HPV37.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-523
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.