- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (81%), Chicken: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: KLF17 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human KLF17.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of KLF17.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KLF17 antibody can be used for detection of KLF17 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: KLF17 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of KLF17 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the large isoform. KLF17 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other KLF proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 28, 39, 43 kDa
Observed: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: KLF17 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KLF17 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KLF17 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KLF17
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Kruppel-like factor 17, zinc finger protein 393, ZNF393, Zfp393
- Protein Accession Number: NP_775755
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 104294874
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 128209
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KLF17, also known as ZNF393, is a member of the Sp/KLF family of transcription factors (1,2). KLF17 binds to the promoter and negatively regulates the transcription of Id-1, a key metastasis regulator in breast cancer (3). Suppression of KLF17 promotes breast cancer cell invasion and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (3). Down-regulated KLF17 expression is also associated tumor invasion and poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma, suggesting that the level of KLF17 expression can serve as a prognostic indicator (4).
- 1: Yan W, Burns KH, Ma L, et al. Identification of Zfp393, a germ cell-specific gene encoding a novel zinc finger protein. Mech. Dev. 2002; 118:233-9.
- 2: van Vliet J, Crofts LA, Quinlan KG, et al. Human KLF17 is a new member of the Sp/KLF family of transcription factors. Genomics 2006; 87:474-82.
- 3: Gumireddy K, Li A, Gimotty PA, et al. KLF17 is a negative regulator of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and metastasis in breast cancer. Nat. Cell Biol. 2009; 11:1297-304.
- 4: Liu FY, Deng YL, Li Y, et al. Down-regulated KLF17 expression is associated with tumor invasion and poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Med. Oncol. 2013; 30:425.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8041
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin