- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: KIF5 antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human KIF5.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 880 - 930 of KIF5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KIF5 antibody can be used for detection of KIF5 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL and Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of KIF5 are known to exist; this antibody will recognize all three isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 114 kDa
Observed: 116 kDa
- PURIFICATION: KIF5 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KIF5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KIF5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KIF5A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KIF5 Antibody: NKHC, MY050, SPG10, D12S1889, NKHC1, Kinesin heavy chain isoform 5A, Kinesin heavy chain neuron-specific 1, NKHC
- Protein Accession Number: Q12840
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 143811412
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3798
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KIF5 Antibody: The kinesin superfamily proteins (KIFs) are microtubule-dependent motors that slide along microtubules and transport cellular organelles and mRNA to different parts of the cell. In neurons, KIF5 performs this role in an anterograde fashion from the neuronal cell body to axonal or dendritic terminals. KIF5 was initially differentiated from the ubiquitously expressed kinesin as being highly enriched in subsets of neurons and selectively concentrated in the cell body. Mutations in one of the isoforms of KIF5 (KIF5A) are thought to be involved in hereditary spastic paraplegias.
- 1: Hirokawa N. mRNA transport in dendrites: RNA granules, motors and tracks. J. Neurosci. 2006; 26:7139-42.
- 2: Niclas J, Navone F, Hom-Booher N, et al. Cloning and localization of a conventional KIF5 motor expressed exclusively in neurons. Neuron 1994; 12:1059-72.
- 3: Fichera M, Lo Giudice M, Falco M, et al. Evidence of kinesin heavy chain (KIF5A) involvement in pure hereditary spastic paraplegia. Neurology 2004; 63:1108-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4289
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin