- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: KHDC1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human KHDC1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of KHDC1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: KHDC1 antibody can be used for detection of KHDC1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: KHDC1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of KHDC1 are known to exist; this antibody will only detect the longest isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18 kDa
Observed: 26 kDa
- PURIFICATION: KHDC1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: KHDC1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: KHDC1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KHDC1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: KHDC1 Antibody: NDG1, C6orf148, bA257K9.4, KH homology domain-containing protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_085045
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 117956389
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 80759
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- KHDC1 Antibody: KHDC1 family members are K-homology (KH) domain-containing RNA binding proteins that are involved in various aspects of RNA metabolism, ranging from transcription to RNA splicing, transportation, translation, and stability (1). KHDC1 is highly expressed in oocytes and interacts with cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-binding protein 1 (CPEB1), a key translational regulator controlling the polyA length of mRNAs (2,3). KHDC1 functions as a global translational repressor and induces apoptosis through an ER-dependent signaling pathway and that the C-terminal putative trans-membrane motif (TMM) is critical for its activities (3,4).
- 2: Pierre A, Gautier M, Callebaut I, et al. Atypical structure and phylogenomic evolution of the new eutherian oocyte- and embryo-expressed KHDC1/DPPA5/ECAT1/OOEP gene family. Genomics 2007; 90:583-94.
- 4: Cai C, Liu J, Wang C, et al. KHDC1A, a novel translational repressor, induces endoplasmic reticulum-dependent apoptosis. DNA Cell Biol. 2012; 31:1447-57.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7423
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin